CEMEX cement bags packaging
verbal / identity / branding / packaging
“Optimo”, “Strukto”, “Bijeli” and “Sulfacem” are cements produced by CEMEX Croatia. The brands are new on the market, so a new, different and strong visual identity was needed. The visual identity had to clearly communicate the different characteristics of each product and those characteristics had to be visible in all additional materials.
The logotypes are designed by an intervention in typography. Typography (Helvetica) and colors (red and blue) follow the visual standards of the company. The illustrations are designed from lines that are the basis of CEMEX visual identity.
The basic graphic element on the packaging are illustrations of building objects that clearly communicate the purpose of the product:
– house for Optimo > cement primarily intended for personal use and small craftsmen
– tunnel for Strukto > a cement primarily intended for more complex construction works
– modern building for Bijeli (“White” in Croatian) > as the white cement is often used in modern architecture
– bridge for Sulfacem – cement primarily intended for buildings exposed to aggressive environments (water or mud).
Considering the characteristics of the product and the material of the packaging – paper with protective layer – the solution had to be adjusted to the technical limitations of printing in terms of color, surfaces, printing and raster.
- CEMEX Hrvatska d.d.
- designed for Tridvajedan
- Izvorka Jurić (creative and art director, designer), Matej Korlaet (associate designer), Nikola Futač (associate designer)
Awards and honors
published on The Dieline,
published in Monocle magazine,
published in a book “Boxed and Labelled”,
Gestalten books, 2009, D
published in a book “Hrvatski dizajn sad / Croatian Design Now”,
Victor Margolin i Feđa Vukić, 2009, HR
Graphis “G” Gold Award, Graphis Design Annual,
Graphis Inc., 2008, USA
ADI Graphic Design Annual,
Art and Design Institute of China Academy of Art, 2008, PRC
part of “Exhibition of Croatian Design 07/08″,
Croatian Designers Society, 2008, HR
published in Novum – world of graphic design,
New Media Magazine Verlag GmbH, 02 / 2008, D
published on The Cool Hunter,
published on The Lovely Package,
PRINT’s A+C=D Business Graphics Review,
PRINT Magazine, 2007, USA
I.D. Annual Design Review,
I.D. – The International Design Magazine, 2007, USA
ED Awards Silver, ED Awards,
European Design Awards, 2007, GR
CroPak for packaging design,
CroPak – national festival of packaging and printing, 2007, CRO